It is the largest of the 10 parishes with a population of about 17,500 persons with an area of about 2.5 sq miles (6.4 sq km.).
The main harbour has boats going to the UK, France, Jersey, Alderney and the Islands of Herm and Sark. There are marinas for local boats and a lively visitors’ marina in the heart of the Town.
The town is full of character, with its cobbled main High Street offering a good choice of shopping and a large selection of quality restaurants, bars and cafés.
Town Church, Castle Cornet, the Market buildings, Hauteville House (Victor Hugo’s House) and the Guernsey Museum are only a few of the many wonderful buildings in St Peter Port.
Primary School catchment for this parish is either Vauvert Primary or Amherst Primary.
- Cafés and Restaurants
- Dix Neuf Tel 723455
- The Terrace Tel 724478
- Christies Bar & Bistro Tel 726624
- Da Nellos Restaurant Tel 721552
- Mora Restaurant & Grill Tel 715053
- Pier 17 Bar & Terrace Tel 720823
- OGH Hotel & Bar Tel 724921
- Duke of Richmond Tel 726221
- La Fregate Tel 724624
- Wide range of shops in the main High St
- The Pollet, Smith Street
- The Market
- The Old Quarter
- Waitrose, Co Op, Checkers Express,
- M & S Simply Food
- Things to do/visit
- Victor Hugo, Hauteville
- Aquarium, La Vallette
- Trip to Herm/Sark
- Castle Cornet
- Bluebell woods
- Candie Gardens
- Cambridge Park
- Beau Sejour Leisure Centre
- Havelet Bay